ABOUT THIS TOUR • 13 DAYS
MAY 18 – MAY 30
Italy is anxious to welcome you back! Only this time to experience it in a whole new way… On this exclusive journey, only available to previous DeSerio Tour Travelers, we will “journey beyond“ and experience a deeper connection and love with Italy like never before. In new places from the South and the North, as well as all new experiences in some your favorite familiar places, we will create a deeper connection with the local culture and history through specially designed hands-on experiences and discoveries (Group Size: Limited 6-8 people).
We begin our journey in the South… in Naples, the historic city center is the largest in Europe, with a wide range of culturally and historically significant sites. We will explore the ruins of Pompeii, one of the most significant proofs of Roman civilization destroyed by the violent eruption of Mount Vesuvius in 79 AD. We continue our travels further South for a full day along the picturesque coastline of the Amalfi Coast by private van, stopping along the way in the towns of Minori, Amalfi, Ravella, and Positano. The Amalfi Coast offers a cascade of sun-bleached peach, pink, and terracotta homes built along the cliff coast. On our final day in the South, we will ferry to the Isle of Capri, a truly once-in-a-lifetime destination in Italy. Also known as one of the most beautiful and romantic islands in the world, where lemons grow larger than softballs, hundreds of flower varieties cover the island, and the Blue Grotto calls your name!
With our hearts full of experiences in the South, we return to our beloved Siena where we will step even further back into its medieval history. Centered around Siena’s Contradas and history of the famous Palio horserace, we will experience a series of unique and exciting hands-on activities, unlike any tour could ever offer. From Siena, we will explore a new part of the Tuscan Countryside to the North of Siena; the Chianti region. Last tour was spent in the South among the rolling hills and cypress trees. This time, Chianti offers Medieval castles, beautiful vineyard landscapes, and a series of special activities that will leave you truly connected with Tuscany in a unique new way. We ride Vespas through the Countryside, go on a Private Truffle Hunt, have a mouthwatering Tuscan Cooking Class (and of course, eat the fruits of our labor!), and a private, hands-on,extensive wine, olive oil, and balsamic savoring experience! And yes, this time we will be “one with the Tuscan Countryside” by staying for 2 nights in our own special Agriturismo (Tuscan Villa Farm stay).
After the 3 days in the countryside of Tuscany, we will stay overnight in Florence as we prepare for our morning train North the next day to Cinque Terre. Also known as the Italian Riviera, the coast of the Mediterranean Sea offers colorful houses scattered throughout the hillside, cool sea breeze that grazes our faces, all while enjoying the freshest Mediterranean cuisine around. Our beautiful coastal accommodations are in Riomaggiore, the first town of the 5 towns that make up the Cinque Terre (Five Towns in English). We will also explore a full day in Portofino. Once a small Italian fishing village, today the town has become a famed destination, considered the most beautiful port along the Mediterranean Coast. Finally, our trip takes us further Northeast by train to Milan. As one of the most important fashion and business capitols in the world, Milan still offers plenty of history and tradition to enjoy too. We will see the Milan Cathedral, one of the largest Gothic Cathedrals in the world, as well as Castello Sforzesco (14th Century Castle), and Arco Della Pace (beautiful entrance Arch to the ancient city). Since this is our last day in Italy and we are in Milan, it’s only appropriate that we view the Masterpiece Painting, Leonardo di Vinci’s “Last Supper.” After which we will dine together for our own “Last Supper” reflecting on our amazing 13 days together and our new found love and connection with this great country.
You will not want to miss this amazing, specialized, hands-on “Journey Beyond” in Italy, specifically designed for DeSerio Tours’ previous travelers. Sign up TODAY! The trip offers a truly special opportunity to combine Italian history, culture, photo opportunities, and food into one unforgettable journey! For more details, view Full Itinerary.
$5,250 + AIRFARE
Price includes: • Hotel Accommodations • All activities on Itinerary • Italian ground/water transportation • Breakfast everyday • Welcome & Farewell group-dinner.
Excludes: • All other meals • International airfare • Travel/Health/Cancellation Insurance.
Price per person, double hotel-room occupancy. Single supplement: $1,850.
Non-Refundable deposit of $1250/person reserves spot on trip. Remaining payment-in-full due January 10th, 2020. View the registration process for more details.
RATED EXCELLENT TO SUPERB!
Italy offers a large variety of accommodations from hostels to American 5-star resorts; this trip’s hotels are neither. We will be staying in excellent to superbly rated Italian Bed & Breakfast Hotels, each carefully chosen by Adam DeSerio for their combination of Italian charm, friendly staff, and perfect location. Each private room comes with a private bathroom and wi-fi access, and includes breakfast every morning. You will truly enjoy your hotel experiences in every city!
This reunion style small-group excursion is exclusively available to previous DeSerio Tour Travelers. Taking everything we experienced and learned together on our amazing first “Experience Italy” Tour, Adam is excited to share the perfect second experience of Italy. Offering a much deeper connection with the local culture, and more unique and exclusive access to important places in the South and the North. A good balance of culture and tradition, touristic attractions, and food experiences as well, creating a rewarding all-inclusive experience. There is a moderate level of physical activity, such as carrying your bags up stairs and daily walking/exploring, but nothing too strenuous.
- Naples, Pompeii, & Mount Vesuvius Exploration
- Private Van along Amalfi Coast, Positano, & Minori
- Ferry to the Island of Capri & Blue Grotto Experience
- Hands-On Cultural Experiences in Siena
- Vespa Tour, Truffle Hunting, & Tuscan Cooking Class
- Cinque Terre & Portifino Coastal Discovery
- Da Vinci’s “Last Supper”Painting Tour in Milan
- Perfect balance: Culture, food, activities, & photo opportunities
- Perfect time of year: Beautiful weather & fewer tourists
May 18 – May 30, 2020: Spots Left: 0 – FULL!
(Arrival on May 17th by 12:00pm)
The Full Itinerary below outlines all activities, entrances, hotel nights, transportation, and group dinners included throughout the trip. Hotel on May 17th (day before tour start day) is included. This way we can begin on day 1 in the morning. Most days begin at 8am and finish after dinner time. There will be free time made available throughout the trip, as well as optional morning and night photography too. Most days consist of a daily walking around the cities, with often stops along the way to enjoy the views, delve into the activities, and live “La Dolce Vita” (the sweet life) in Italy!
NAPLES, AMALFI COAST, & ISLAND OF CAPRI
Welcome back to Italy… What better way to begin than in the South! As the top request for our reunion trip, there is no surprise why. Home to the invention of Pizza, and appreciated for its immense coastal beauty, welcoming local culture, and very distinct history influenced by both Roman and Greek Empires. Step back in time while visiting the ruins of Pompeii with Mt. Vesuvius as our background. Next, we travel by private van along the picturesque coastline of the Amalfi Coast, visiting Minori, Positano, and Ravella. Our travels continue by ferry for a full day to the Island of Capri. Known as the “Emerald Island,” Capri boasts incredible aqua-green waters that sparkle in the bright sun and more than 800 species of plants that flourish on the island. We will take a boat tour around the island, and special entrance to the Blue Grotto.
- Welcome to Naples Group Dinner
- Explore Historic Area of Naples
- Taste authentic Napoli Pizza
- Visit Archaeological site of Pompeii
- View Mount Vesuvius Volcano
- Private Van Along Amalfi Coast
- Discover Minori, Positano, Amalfi, & Ravello
- Experience Island of Capri & Blue Grotto by Boat
- Naples Hotel (4 Nights):
- Arrive May 17th by 12:00pm
- May 17th hotel included
- Tour begins May 18th, 8:00am
Welcome back home to everyone’s favorite city, Siena! Only this time, we will gain a much deeper connection to the local culture, history of the Palio, and the Contradas that make up this remarkable city. Adam has planned a series of surprises within the walls of the city that no tour could ever offer, creating an experience you will be talking about for the rest of your life. Let’s truly step back in time, and become like the Senese (people of Siena). Our time in Siena will be two full days and nights.
- Highspeed Train From Naples to Siena
- Discover unknown parts of Siena
- Private Hands-on Historical Exploration
of Contradas and The Palio History
- Torre Del Mangia Tower Climb
- Santa Maria della Scala Museum
- Many Special Surprises Await You
- Siena Hotel (2 Nights)
Board our private van, and this time journey north of Siena through the beautiful rolling hills of Chianti. From the remarkable hill towns of Monteriggioni and San Gimignano to the Castles and vineyards that decorate the land, we will explore an entirely new area of the Tuscan Countryside. Last time, we photographed Agriturismos (Tuscan Villa Farm Stays), but this time we will be staying in one… for 2 nights! A Vespa riding tour through the countryside, private truffle hunting in the Tuscan forest, hands-on private Tuscan cooking class, and educational, in-depth, private wine tasting, pouring, and savoring, olive oil and balsamic tasting experience, which are only a few things on our list that will connect you with the area in a way like never before.
- Private Van & Driver
- Explore Chianti Region of Tuscany
- Discover Hill Towns: San Gimignano & Monteriggioni
- Vespa ride through Countryside
- Private Truffle Hunting
- Private Hands-On Cooking Class
- In-Depth Wine Tasting Experience
Learn proper Pouring, Tasting & Savoring
- Olive Oil & Balsamic Vinegar Tasting
- Landscape Photography Opportunities
- 3 Full Days in the Countryside
- Agriturismo Overnight Farm Stay
- Florence Overnight Hotel (1 Night)
CINQUE TERRE & PORTOFINO
After the final day in Tuscany, we will spend the night in Florence, as we prepare to travel North to the Cinque Terre and Portofino. Along the Northern Coast of Italy, known as the Italian Riviera, the most beautiful, colorful homes built into the cliffs claim home to fishing communities for over 1,000 years. Not only does Cinque Terre offer a unique perspective into Northern Italian life, but also provides some of the most breathtaking views and food in all of Europe. Portofino, known for its more luxurious lifestyle of yachts and billionaires, also provides an intimate feel of Italian Coastal beauty and simplicity, making it a perfect day trip from our accommodations in Cinque Terre.
- Train to Cinque Terre & Portofino
- Discover Beautiful Coastal Towns
- Boat Tour Along the Coast
- Unique Photography Opportunities
- Coastal Shopping and Local Markets
- Day Trip to Portofino
- Cinque Terre Hotel (3 Nights)
The final stop on our journey brings us to the fashion and business capital of Italy, and one of the more modern cities in Europe. However, this modernity is elegantly built around its historical monuments, including one of the largest Duomo Cathedrals in the world. We will also visit Castello Sforzesco (14th Century Castle), and Arco Della Pace (beautiful entrance Arch to the ancient city). Concluding our time with exclusive access to Leonardo Da Vinci’s “Last Supper” painting before sharing our own “last supper” and reflecting on our new memories together before departing for home the next day.
- Train to Milan in the Morning
- Explore Milan Cathedral & Historic Area
- Discover Leonardo da Vinci’s “Last Supper”
- Special Farewell “Last Supper” Dinner
- Milan Hotel (1 Night)
- Depart Morning of May 30th
Enjoy traveling with the ease of your experienced guide; Adam DeSerio, an American born – Italian speaking landscape photographer. Adam has lived and traveled in Italy for over a year in total, and knows the trip locations extremely well. He is excited to share with you all of the local traditions, side-streets, and secrets, something very unique to this excursion. You will be led to some of the very best locations, eat amazing food, and experience a local feel in every city. Now, join Adam for the chance of a lifetime to experience Italy to the fullest. Whether returning, or your first time, Adam will guide you with local knowledge, travel skills, and sightseeing like never before, all while in a small group style.
Adam is the son of renowned professional photographer, Lou DeSerio, who studied with Ansel Adams for many years and has been a landscape photographer for nearly 40 years. Adam has followed in his father’s footsteps and has been selling his photographs in galleries for over 17 years. Adam also has been teaching photography for 7 years; both in private photography workshops and as a guest lecturer at Northern Arizona University.
- Step 1: Submit reservation application today! First come first serve!
- Step 2: Receive notification of availability, and payment of $1250 non-refundable deposit per person to secure reservation.
- Step 3: Once deposit is received & trip has minimum of 4 travelers, notification to “purchase your airfare tickets” will be sent to you.
- Step 4: Payment in full is due by January 10, 2020.
- Step 5: Start packing! You have another amazing trip ahead!
Registration Process & Deposit/Payment/Cancellations/Refunds:*
- This tour is limited to a minimum of 4 people, and a maximum of 8 people.*
- Prices are per person. Rooms will be filled with double occupancy Due in full at “due date”.*
- Cancellations on your behalf: Cancellation Fee is $1250, before “Due Date” as indicated above. (Once deposit and/or payment in full is received, there is a $1250 non-refundable cancellation fee applied against your refund if you cancel before “Due Date”). Any cancellations on your behalf on/after “Due Date” are non-refundable. “Due Date” correlates to January 10, 2020, prior to trip start dates indicated above.*
- Cancellations on behalf of DeSerio Global Ventures, LLC: At any time prior to or during excursion, DGV, LLC may cancel the excursion after which time a full refund for the excursion only will be made to all participants within 30 days following such cancellation.*
* Please see the Terms & Conditions agreement for additional information.