ABOUT THIS TOUR • 12 DAYS
SEPT. 2 – SEPT. 14, 2023
Spots Left: 0 (Full)
OPA! Welcome to Greece! On this special journey through Athens and the Greek Islands, you will experience the beauty and history of a place 3,000 years in the making. We will eat amazing food, enjoy many engaging and adventurous activities, and explore the greatest cities that will take your breath away. This is a unique opportunity to be led by Adam DeSerio through Greece, with a perfect balance between historic discovery, beautiful photo opportunities, experiential activities, and relaxation. On your intimate Greek Tour (Group Size: Limited to 8 people), Adam will be recommending a combination of local and fine restaurants and specific menu items along the way.
We begin where it all began… In beautiful Athens, discovering the main attractions (Parthenon, Acropolis, Archeological City of Delphi, and more), where you will gain insight of the Ancient Greeks, as well as learn to cook up some amazing Greek food in our private, hands-on cooking class on the rooftop! Next we travel by ferry to the island of Mykonos, and enjoy exploring the city and local shops, seeing the incredible windmills and unique back streets. Then take a sailboat around the island and to the archaeological island of Delos to discover the birthplace of Apollo. Next, a short ferry ride to the island of Naxos, a very small and friendly, local-feel island that few tourist get the chance to see, as well as snorkel/scuba (optional) in the clear waters along the coast, or relax on the beach and take in the Greek sun. Finally, ferry to the island of Santorini, where we will of course discover the breathtaking and world-renowned iconic cities of Oia and Fira, as well as local wine tastings, sunset kayak into the Caldera, and explore some parts of the island off-the-beaten-path. This trip offers a truly special opportunity to combine history, culture, photography, food, luxury and relaxation into one unforgettable journey through Greece! For more details, view Full Itinerary.
$6,400 + AIRFARE / MEALS
Price includes: • Hotel Accommodations • All Activities on Itinerary • Greek Ground/Water Transportation On Tour • Breakfast Everyday • Welcome Dinner
Excludes: • All Other Meals • International Airfare • Travel/Health/Cancellation Insurance.
Price per person, double hotel-room occupancy.
Single-Supplement Traveling Alone: additional $3,950.*
Deposit of $1,650/person reserves spot on tour. Once Sign-Up application is complete, you will receive invoice for non-refundable deposit. Remaining Payment-In-Full of 50% due 150 days prior to tour start date, 100% due 90 days prior to tour start date.
*Single Supplement fee due 50% on Sign-Up Date / 100% due 150 Days before Tour Start Date. View the registration process for more details.
- Explore: Acropolis, Parthenon, Olympic Stadium, Syntagma Square
- Private Hands-On Cooking Class with Authentic Greek Food
- Tour of the Delphi historic site & Greek lunch
- Explore the beautiful back-streets of Mykonos & Windmills
- Sailboat Day, Lunch, and Tour of Delos Island
- Naxos Island Discovery Away from Tourists & Sea Diving
- Breathtaking Santorini Views & Photography
- Santorini Countryside Wine Tour & Tasting
- Perfect time of year: Beautiful weather & fewer tourists
– Click to View Adam’s Photos of Greece
IS THIS TRIP FOR YOU?
What to Expect: This small-group tour is for people looking to truly experience all the wonderful romance, beauty, and history of Greece. A good balance of culture and tradition, touristic attractions, and food/wine experiences as well, creating a rewarding all-inclusive experience. There is a moderate level of physical activity, carrying your bags up stairs, and a fair amount of daily walking/exploring, but nothing too strenuous. Being a small group, we move at the pace everyone is comfortable with. There is sea ferry and bus travel as well as sailing, so any motion-sickness measures needed should be observed.
Perfect for: This tour is the perfect first trip to Greece to discover it all with the comfort, safety, and planning of a fully curated private experience trip. Adam also shares photography tips and techniques.
Age Range & Activity Level: Welcome to adult travelers of all ages, with most people being retired, excited to travel, and physically active and able to casually walk several miles a day, as well as do stairs.
ACCOMMODATIONS & FOOD
4 / 5 STAR VILLAS & HOTELS!
Accommodations: All hotels are very nice, luxurious, and beautiful accommodations by Euro standards. We will be staying in excellent to superbly rated Greek Hotels, each carefully chosen by Adam DeSerio for their combination of charm, friendly staff, and perfect location close to everything. Each private room comes with a private bathroom and wi-fi access, and includes an amazing breakfast every morning. You will truly enjoy your hotel experiences in every city!
Photos of Hotel Rooms: Additional information & Photos of Accommodations:
Click Here to View the Accommodations Page
Meals: Most meals are eaten together as a group, with a variety of local and fine dining experiences in each city, so we can enjoy a variety of Greek flavors and local dishes. Adam will share information and passion about the food with each meal. Average $50 person/day.
DISCOVER GREECE – 12 DAY ITINERARY
• Sept. 2 – Sept. 14, 2023: Spots Left: 0(Full)
The Full Itinerary below outlines all activities, entrances, hotel nights, transportation, and group meals included throughout the tour. Most days begin at 8am and finish after dinner. There will be some free time made available throughout the tour, as well as optional morning and night photography too. Most days consist of daily walking around the cities, with frequent stops along the way to enjoy the views, delve into the activities, and live the Greek Life!
To return back to the US, you will either need to book/take a ferry from Santorini to Athens, or fly with an affordable European Airline from Santorini to Athens (Ryanair or Aegean Airlines) and then you can fly from Athens back home. Adam can help you determine the right option for getting back home once signed-up.
Arrival Day & Time: Sept. 2, 2023 • 2pm – 8pm
Airport: Athens International Airport (ATH)
Hotel included in Tour Package for this early-arrival rest-day (Day 0). We begin Tour officially after breakfast the next day (Day 1).
If you wish to arrive earlier than this, please request this at least 150 days prior to Tour Start Date.
Departure Day & Time: Sept. 12, 2023 • Depart Anytime • Hotel Check-out by 10am.
Airport Santorini to Athens: Santorini Airport to Athens International Airport (Recommend: RyanAir or Aegean Airlines, usually early morning)
Airport to Return Home: Athens International Airport (ATH)
Included in the Tour is the Arrival Day at our Hotel. Please arrive on the arrival date listed for this tour, between 2pm – 8pm. Coming from the US, that means you will probably look for a flight that departs the US the day before, as the time zone difference and total flight time will require that. This first day, Day 0, is just a rest day, so you can be ready for the amazing journey we have ahead! The next day, Day 1, the Tour officially starts after breakfast.
- Meet Your Guide
- Hotel Check-in
- Athens Hotel (1 Night)
DAYS 1 – 4
Welcome to Athens… What better way to begin than where it all began! This amazing, beautiful, and clean city is truly a joy to explore, and provides a modern feeling while intermixed with the ancient architecture and historic sites and information. We will explore the city by foot & Hop-On Hop-Off bus. Followed by a whole day tour to the Delphi archeological site (Group Bus).
- “Welcome To Athens” Group Dinner
- Explore The Beautiful City Of Athens
- The Acropolis & Parthenon Discovery
- Athens Olympic Stadium & Temple of Zeus
- Delphi Archeological Site & Group Lunch
- Hands-On Cooking Class of Local Dishes
- Beautiful Athens Hotel (4 Nights)
DAYS 5 – 7
Travel by ferry ship from Athens to Mykonos in the morning. Enjoy exploring the unique and beautiful shops & streets of Mykonos, taking in the beauty and uniqueness of the town and local boutiques. Discover the beautiful water-front walk along “Little Venice” and see the iconic Windmills of the Island. Take a sailboat tour around the island and to the neighboring island of Delos, one of the largest archeological sites in the world.
- Fast Ferry From Athens To Mykonos Island
- Beautiful Streets And Local Shops
- Relax Along The Sea, And Enjoy The Sunset
- Photography Of The Iconic Windmills
- Sailboat Tour, Snorkeling, & Lunch
- Delos Archeological Site Private Tour
- Mykonos Luxury Villa Hotel (2 Nights)
DAYS 7 – 9
Travel from Mykonos to Naxos Island by fast ferry in the morning. Explore the beauty of this special local town, and then take that exploration underwater with either snorkeling or intro to scuba diving class (optional)… or if you’re not into either, watch from the beach as you relax with piña colada in hand; the choice is yours! Enjoy the amazing sunset over the city, and enjoy this break from tourists on this quaint, small island. Stay the night in a beautiful suite along the water. Followed by a morning with locals along the port, and time to relax at the beach.
- Fast Ferry From Mykonos to Naxos
- Beautiful, Quaint City Away From Locals
- Temple Of Apollo & Sunset Views
- Snorkeling or Scuba Diving (optional)
- Relax Along The Beaches Of Naxos
- Enjoyable Evening Along The Water
- Naxos Suite Hotel (2 Nights)
DAYS 9 – 12
Take the fast ferry to the port of Santorini, and begin the amazing discovery of paradise. Our beautiful hotel in Oia allows us to be among the most picturesque town in world, and easily enjoy both sunrises and sunsets. Also visit the other beautiful town of Fira and enjoy beautiful views of the Caldera. We will also drive away from the towns, and venture beyond the beaten-path and discover the countryside of Santorini, local vineyard tour and tasting of the finest Santorini wines. A sunset Kayak adventure into the Caldera and Santorini’s caves. A beautiful and perfect conclusion to our epic trip together!
- Fast Ferry From Naxos to Santorini
- Group Rental Cars To Get Around
- Special Wine Tasting / Vineyard Tour
- Sunset Kayak Tour Into Caldera
- The Most Amazing Photos Of Oia & Fira
- Beautiful Black Sand Beaches & Local Towns
- Farewell Dinner & Trip Conclusion
- Beautiful Oia Hotel (3 Nights)
Enjoy traveling with the ease of your guide; Adam DeSerio. As a professional landscape photographer, tour guide, and avid traveler, Adam is excited to share these amazing locations in Greece with you. He is excited to share the local traditions, side-streets, and an intimate experience – something very unique to this tour. You will be led to some of the very best locations, eat amazing food, and experience the romance of every city. Now, join Adam for the chance of a lifetime to experience Greece to the fullest. Whether returning, or your first time, Adam will guide you, share travel skills, and sightseeing like never before, all while in a small group style.
Adam is the son of renowned professional photographer, Lou DeSerio, who studied with Ansel Adams. Adam has followed in his father’s footsteps and has been selling his photographs in galleries since 2001. Adam also has been leading Experiential Tours throughout Italy and other parts of Europe several times a year since 2015, and has a deep passion for the culture, food, and history that make each destination so unique and special. Adam’s way of both organizing and leading these trips insures you get the absolute most out of every moment and experience, so you feel as though you truly experience the locations, not just visit them.
WATCH TRIP VIDEO:
Click the video below to play, and watch a preview of what to expect on this amazing tour.
- STEP 1: Submit Sign-Up application! First come first serve!
– Click any blue box that says “Click to Sign-Up” and fill out the application for each Participant.
- STEP 2: Receive and Pay Deposit to secure spot on Tour.
– Non-refundable Deposit due within 48 hours of receiving. Additional: 50% of Single Supplement Fee due if applicable (non-refundable).
- STEP 3: Pay 50% of Balance Due 150 Days Prior to Tour Start Date.
– Additional: Remaining 50% of Single Supplement Fee due if applicable (non-refundable).
- STEP 4: Purchase Flights between 150 – 90 Days Prior to Tour Start Date.
– This is the best recommended window of time to find a good deal on Flights, while also guaranteeing the Tour will happen & has minimum # of Participants.
- STEP 5: Pay Remaining 50% of Balance Due 90 Days Prior to Tour Start Date.
– Additional: Any additional fees, hotel nights, extension balances, etc. due if applicable.
- STEP 6: Receive Packing Blogs/Info, Travel Tips, Arrival Info & Details.
– DeSerio Tours will send emails, information, and details in the months leading up to the tour, helping you feel comfortable and informed.
- STEP 7: Start Packing you Bags! You have one amazing journey ahead!
Timeline of Due Dates:
- At Sign-Up: Registration & Deposit Due
- 150 Days Before Tour Start: April 5, 2023
- 90 Days Before Tour Start: June 4, 2023
- Tour Start Date: Sept. 2, 2023
Registration Process: Deposit/Payments/Cancellations/Refunds:*
- This tour is limited to a maximum of 8 people.*
- Prices are per person. Rooms filled with double occupancy (single supplements available in limited supply on first come first served basis).*
- Cancellations on your (Participant) behalf before Tour Start Date:
• Greater Than 150 Days Before: Cancellation Fee equal to non-refundable Deposit, (plus 50% of Single Supplement fee when applicable)*
• 150 Days – 91 Days Before: Cancellation Fee equal to non-refundable Deposit, plus 50% of Payment-In-Full amount, (plus 100% of Single Supplement fee when applicable)*
• 90 Days or Less Before: Cancellation Fee equal to non-refundable Deposit, plus 100% of Payment-In-Full amount, (plus 100% of Single Supplement fee when applicable)*
• Cancellation requests must be in writing and will be effective upon date of receipt by DeSerio Tours.
• Cancellation deadline dates are based on the originally scheduled tour date, and are not reassigned due to Tour postponement or rescheduling.
- Cancellations on behalf of DeSerio Tours, DBA of DeSerio Global Ventures, LLC: Please review the Terms & Conditions of this Tour for details.*
• If canceled by DGV, LLC due to inadequate enrollment, notice will be sent no later than 90 Days prior to Tour Start Date, and a refund will be made available.*
• If canceled by DGV, LLC for any other reason, a partial or full refund or credit may or may not be made available, according to the specific cancellations reasons
and timing, as outlined in the Terms & Conditions.*
• Due to the strict Cancelation Policy and Terms & Conditions of this Tour, it is recommended that each Participant obtain independent Travel/Health/Cancellation Insurance.
* Please see the Terms & Conditions agreement for additional information. By signing-up, registering, making payment(s) toward, and/or participating in, a Tour, you agree to all Terms & Conditions.