ABOUT THIS TOUR • 13 DAYS
APRIL 29 – MAY 12, 2023
Spots Left: 0 (Full)
Experience Italy! On this special journey through Northern Italy, you will experience the true magic of the Italian culture and people, eat amazing food, drink incredible wine, capture stunning images, and explore the greatest cities that will take your breath away at every turn. Go way-beyond what most tourist ever experience, and discover the “True Italy” – tasting and understanding the local cuisine, living the Italian lifestyle, and discovering the art and history that is over 2,000 years in the making. This is a unique opportunity to be led by Adam DeSerio, Italian-American guide and photographer, with a rich local knowledge and deep cultural understanding and passion for all that Italy has to offer. What makes this trip especially unique is the intimate size and nature of this Italian experience (Group Size: Limited to 6-8 people). All aspects of the tour have been carefully thought out, planned, and curated specifically so you can just arrive and enjoy the journey without needing to plan a thing. Adam has led tours in Italy for years and speaks the language, providing you something very special compared to other tours. Dine at the best local restaurants with recommendations of specific dishes to taste, as well as learn some photography and gain valuable travel skills along the way.
We begin in Venice, exploring beautiful canals by Gondola, and taking in the ancient architecture of this unique city. Explore the magic and discover the secrets of one of the most romantic cities in the world. In Florence we’ll be surrounded by beautiful art, statues, museums, views, and the amazing food of Tuscan kitchens. Siena is a step back into medieval times, composed of a passionate local culture, traditions, ancient buildings, and amazing food, all carefully and proudly preserved for nearly a thousand years. We’ll explore the Tuscan Countryside South of Siena by private van, discover the very best of the landscape, hill-towns, and enjoy special wine tastings & tours of the vineyards. We finish in Rome among the Roman ruins and visit the Vatican, Sistine Chapel, and Saint Peter’s Basilica. The trip offers a truly special opportunity to combine Italian history, culture, photo opportunities, and food & wine into one unforgettable journey! For more details, view Full Itinerary.
$6,250 + AIRFARE / MEALS
Price includes: • Hotel Accommodations • All Activities on Itinerary • Italian Ground/Water Transportation on Tour • Breakfast Everyday • Welcome Dinner
Excludes: • All Other Meals • International Airfare • Travel/Health/Cancellation Insurance.
Price per person, double hotel-room occupancy.
Single-Supplement Traveling Alone: additional $3,950.*
Deposit of $1,550/person reserves spot on tour. Once Sign-Up application is complete, you will receive invoice for non-refundable deposit. Remaining Payment-In-Full of 50% due 150 days prior to tour start date, 100% due 90 days prior to tour start date.
*Single Supplement fee due 50% on Sign-Up Date / 100% due 150 Days before Tour Start Date. View the registration process for more details.
- Gondola ride on the Grand Canal of Venice
- World-class art: Galleria Accademia & Uffizi Gallery in Florence
- Private van through the beautiful Tuscan hills
- Taste the best: Special wine tour in the Tuscany Countryside
- Siena, A step back to Medieval Tuscany
- Exclusive tours: Colosseum, Roman Forum, and The Vatican
- Perfect balance: Culture, food, activities, & photo opportunities
- Perfect time of year: Beautiful weather & fewer tourists
– Click to View Adam’s Photos of Italy
IS THIS TRIP FOR YOU?
What to Expect: This small-group tour is for people looking to truly experience all the wonderful aspects of Italy from a local perspective. A good balance of culture and tradition, touristic attractions, and food/wine experiences as well, creating a rewarding all-inclusive experience. There is a moderate level of physical activity, carrying your bags up stairs, and a fair amount of daily walking/exploring, but nothing too strenuous. Being a small group, we move at the pace everyone is comfortable with.
Perfect for: First-time Italy travelers, or those who have been before and want to discover way more information, details, experiences, and passion than their first trips. Adam also shares photography tips and techniques.
Age Range & Activity Level: Welcome to adult travelers of all ages, with most people being retired, excited to travel, and physically active and able to casually walk several miles a day, as well as do stairs.
Watch video below to learn more:
ACCOMMODATIONS & FOOD
ITALIAN B&Bs – RATED EXCELLENT TO SUPERB!
Accommodations: We will be staying in excellent to superbly rated Italian Bed & Breakfast Hotels, each carefully chosen by Adam DeSerio for their combination of Italian charm, friendly staff, and perfect location in the heart of each city. Each private room comes with a private bathroom and wi-fi access, and includes breakfast every morning. You will truly enjoy your hotel experiences in every city!
Photos of Hotel Rooms: Additional information & Photos of Accommodations:
Click Here to View the Accommodations Page
Meals: Most meals are eaten together as a group, and often family-style, allowing us to taste a variety of wonderful local dishes that make each region and city unique. Adam will share information and passion about the food with each meal. Average $40 person/day.
Watch video below to learn more:
• April 29 – May 12, 2023: Spots Left: 0 (Full)
The Full Itinerary below outlines all activities, entrances, hotel nights, transportation, and group meals included throughout the tour. Most days begin at 8am and finish after dinner. There will be some free time made available throughout the tour, as well as optional morning and night photography too. Most days consist of daily walking around the cities, with frequent stops along the way to enjoy the views, delve into the activities, and live “La Dolce Vita” (the sweet life) in Italy!
Arrival Day & Time: April 29, 2023 • 2pm – 8pm
Airport: Venice International Airport (VCE)
Hotel included in Tour Package for this early-arrival rest-day (Day 0). We begin Tour officially after breakfast the next day (Day 1).
If you wish to arrive earlier than this, please request this at least 150 days prior to Tour Start Date.
Departure Day & Time: May 12, 2023 • Depart Anytime • Hotel Check-out by 10am.
Airport: Rome International Airport (FCO)
Included in the Tour is the Arrival Day at our Hotel. Please arrive on the arrival date listed for this tour, between 2pm – 8pm. Coming from the US, that means you will probably look for a flight that departs the US the day before, as the time zone difference and total flight time will require that. This first day, Day 0, is just a rest day, so you can be ready for the amazing journey we have ahead! The next day, Day 1, the Tour officially starts after breakfast.
- Meet Your Guide
- Hotel Check-in
- Venice Hotel (1 Night)
DAYS 1 – 4
Welcome to Italy… What better way to begin than in the most beautiful and romantic city in the world. Home to hundreds of quiet canals, filled with gondolas and beauty, Venice is a city just waiting to be explored. We will take a Gondola ride through the most beautiful areas, explore off-the-beaten-path streets, discover Murano Glass, and visit Burano too! Uncover a local perspective of Venice like no other Tourist could.
- Welcome to Venice Group Dinner
- Explore the Beautiful Canals by Gondola
- San Marco Square & Tower Overlook
- Murano & Burano Island Exploration
- Sunset & Night Photography Opportunities
- Discover Quiet Streets/Canals, Away From Tourists
- Venice Hotel (3 Nights) with Breakfast
DAYS 4 – 6
Travel by train from Venice to Florence in the morning, and check-in to the hotel. During our days in Florence we will be overwhelmed with art and beauty as we discover the magic of the Tuscan culture. Enjoy amazing family-style cooking, beautiful views and vibrant city squares, as well as spectacular sculptures and artwork from the past 2,000 years!
- Highspeed Train From Venice to Florence
- The Uffizi Gallery of Art
- Statue of David & Galleria Accademia
- City sunset view from Piazzale Michelangelo
- Florence Cathedral and Tower Overlook
- Photograph the Ponte Vecchio
- Florence Hotel (2 Nights) with Breakfast
DAYS 6 – 8
Travel from Florence in the morning down to Siena, and check-in to the hotel. This special city has remained virtually unchanged for nearly a thousand years, maintaining a truly medieval feel and traditions present around every corner. It is a step back in time, and a favorite city of nearly all travelers!
- Train/Bus to Siena
- Siena Cathedral & Tower Overlook
- Baptistry and Underground Crypt
- Walking Tour of City, History, & Culture
- Beautiful Photography Opportunities
- Relaxing Evenings in Piazza Del Campo
- Siena Hotel (2 Nights) with Breakfast
TUSCAN COUNTRYSIDE (SOUTHERN)
DAYS 8 – 10
Board our private van, and journey South of Siena through the beautiful rolling hills, cypress trees, and breathtaking landscape of the Tuscan Countryside through the Val D’Orcia area. Adam will not only take you to the best places at the best times of day, but also show you unique, small Tuscan hill-towns along the way. Overnight stay in the Tuscan Countryside.
- Private Van & Driver
- Explore Val D’Orcia Region (Southern)
- Special Wine Tasting / Vineyard Tour
- Unique Hill-Town Adventures
- Landscape Photography Opportunities
- Overnight Stay in Pienza
- Breakfast Included at Hotel
- Hotel in Countryside (1 Night)
- Siena Hotel Return (1 Night)
DAYS 10 – 13
Travel by high-speed train to Rome in the morning. During our days together in the Capital of Italy, we will discover the true ancient history and culture that started over 2,000 years ago. We will explore the mighty ruins, monuments, museums, and churches in a uniquely hands-on and personal way. The perfect conclusion to our epic journey through Italy!
- Highspeed Train to Rome
- Colosseum Tour: In, Around, Above, & Underground
- Roman Forum & Palatine Hill
- The Vatican Museum & Sistine Chapel
- Saint Peter’s Basilica & Dome City-Overlook
- Farewell Group-Dinner Cooking Class
- Rome Hotel (3 Nights) with Breakfast
Enjoy traveling with the ease of your experienced guide; Adam DeSerio, an American born – Italian speaking landscape photographer. Adam has lived and traveled in Italy over many years, and has expert knowledge of all the trip locations. He is excited to share with you all the local traditions, side-streets, and secrets, something very unique to this tour. You will be led to some of the very best locations, eat amazing food, and experience a local feel in every city. Now, join Adam for the chance of a lifetime to experience Italy to the fullest. Whether returning, or your first time, Adam will guide you with local knowledge, travel skills, and sightseeing like never before, all while in a small group style.
Adam is the son of renowned professional photographer, Lou DeSerio; who studied with Ansel Adams for many years and been selling his landscape photographs for over 40 years. Adam followed in his father’s footsteps and has been selling his own photographs in galleries since he was only 5 years old. Adam has spent his entire life capturing the natural world around him, traveling on and off the beaten path, and enjoys sharing the most important and most unique parts of the globe with people.
- STEP 1: Submit Sign-Up application! First come first serve!
– Click any blue box that says “Click to Sign-Up” and fill out the application for each Participant.
- STEP 2: Receive and Pay Deposit to secure spot on Tour.
– Non-refundable Deposit due within 48 hours of receiving. Additional: 50% of Single Supplement Fee due if applicable (non-refundable).
- STEP 3: Pay 50% of Balance Due 150 Days Prior to Tour Start Date.
– Additional: Remaining 50% of Single Supplement Fee due if applicable (non-refundable).
- STEP 4: Purchase Flights between 150 – 90 Days Prior to Tour Start Date.
– This is the best recommended window of time to find a good deal on Flights, while also guaranteeing the Tour will happen & has minimum # of Participants.
- STEP 5: Pay Remaining 50% of Balance Due 90 Days Prior to Tour Start Date.
– Additional: Any additional fees, hotel nights, extension balances, etc. due if applicable.
- STEP 6: Receive Packing Blogs/Info, Travel Tips, Arrival Info & Details.
– DeSerio Tours will send emails, information, and details in the months leading up to the tour, helping you feel comfortable and informed.
- STEP 7: Start Packing you Bags! You have one amazing journey ahead!
Timeline of Due Dates:
- At Sign-Up: Registration & Deposit Due
- 150 Days Before Tour Start: Nov. 30, 2022
- 90 Days Before Tour Start: Jan. 29, 2023
- Tour Start Date: April 29, 2023
Registration Process: Deposit/Payments/Cancellations/Refunds:*
- This tour is limited to a maximum of 8 people.*
- Prices are per person. Rooms filled with double occupancy (single supplements available in limited supply on first come first served basis).*
- Cancellations on your (Participant) behalf before Tour Start Date:
• Greater Than 150 Days Before: Cancellation Fee equal to non-refundable Deposit, (plus 50% of Single Supplement fee when applicable)*
• 150 Days – 91 Days Before: Cancellation Fee equal to non-refundable Deposit, plus 50% of Payment-In-Full amount, (plus 100% of Single Supplement fee when applicable)*
• 90 Days or Less Before: Cancellation Fee equal to non-refundable Deposit, plus 100% of Payment-In-Full amount, (plus 100% of Single Supplement fee when applicable)*
• Cancellation requests must be in writing and will be effective upon date of receipt by DeSerio Tours.
• Cancellation deadline dates are based on the originally scheduled tour date, and are not reassigned due to Tour postponement or rescheduling.
- Cancellations on behalf of DeSerio Tours, DBA of DeSerio Global Ventures, LLC: Please review the Terms & Conditions of this Tour for details.*
• If canceled by DGV, LLC due to inadequate enrollment, notice will be sent no later than 90 Days prior to Tour Start Date, and a refund will be made available.*
• If canceled by DGV, LLC for any other reason, a partial or full refund or credit may or may not be made available, according to the specific cancellations reasons
and timing, as outlined in the Terms & Conditions.*
• Due to the strict Cancelation Policy and Terms & Conditions of this Tour, it is recommended that each Participant obtain independent Travel/Health/Cancellation Insurance.
* Please see the Terms & Conditions agreement for additional information. By signing-up, registering, making payment(s) toward, and/or participating in, a Tour, you agree to all Terms & Conditions.